Aucanquilcha volcano climb (Chile: 6.176m/ 20.262ft)

Aucanquilcha volcano climb (Chile: 6.176m/ 20.262ft)

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Ice Climbing, Hiking, Informational, Scenery, Panorama
As part of my plans to organize my photos into albums, now I'm doing this album for the Aucanquilcha volcano.

For this climb, I went with my friend Christian from Chile (actually he is argentinian, but lives in Chile for several years now) as my partner. Christian guided me in previous ascents such as Lascar volcano and Toco volcano (Cerro Toco) back in 2009, when I was not so secure climbing alone and in atacama if you don't have a car, you don't climb. Since then we became friends and every time someone asks me for a guide in Atacama desert, he's the one.

This time, we went together more as friends/ partners, because he summited Aucanquilcha 3 times before this one and he lost all of his photos from all 3 climbs! So we made a deal, he'd hold my camera and I'd hold his. That way we could bring home plenty pictures. Great idea! The climb was easy, from 5.150 m. to the summit at 6.176 m. in just 3,5 hours. The views, well, check the photos!

Some videos:



I was the first brazilian ever to summit that mountain. There is no records at all of another brazilian doing it.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-2 of 2

ojo - Nov 10, 2010 12:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks...

... for another super album.

PAROFES

PAROFES - Nov 10, 2010 2:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks...

Thank YOU Ojo for the nice comment and YOUR fantastic albums as well!
I'm looking foward to a chance to get back to your country to summit Teide hehehe
Cheers
Paulo

Viewing: 1-2 of 2


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.