Viewing: 1-20 of 20
visentin

visentin - Nov 2, 2010 4:23 pm - Voted 10/10

brilliant !

may I just suggest to turn it from custom object to trip report. Sure it will be on the front page !

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 2, 2010 5:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: brilliant !

Thanks. I wasn't quite sure where to put it! You've helped a lot. Glad you liked it. It was truly wonderful day in the mountains.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Nov 3, 2010 12:43 am - Voted 10/10

Lovely report

On a lovely place. Brought back many warm memories. Super pictures too. Many thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Martin

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 3, 2010 5:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Lovely report

Thank you Martin, so very glad it brought back nice memories for you.

asmrz

asmrz - Nov 3, 2010 12:22 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks Bryan

Wonderful report. Have not made it to Wales yet, but my better half keeps insisting...The Place looks superb!

EricChu

EricChu - Nov 4, 2010 7:29 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report!

And the photos you shot really catch my eye!! Especially those gorgeous ones with Snowdon being reflected in the lake...I'd love to return there one day; I was in Snowdonia in August 1992 and I have lovely memories of it. I find I was pretty lucky with the weather as well, although it wasn't anything like what I see on your pictures! Many of the spots you show remind me quite strongly of certain places in the Alps, like for instance the Albula pass in Graubünden...
Cheers,
Eric

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Nov 5, 2010 2:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Marvelous report

As someone who spent most of a summer in North Wales and STILL has never seen the top of Snowdon, I can appreciate your fantastic luck with the weather.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 5, 2010 4:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Marvelous report

Oh dear! But, like so many people who regularly stand on the summit of Snowdon, you could write a very detailed thesis on what the inside of a cloud looks like! More seriously I really hope you will one day get there in totally clear weather.

Boydie

Boydie - Nov 6, 2010 2:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice one

Looks like you had one of the best days of the year Bryan, and I have to say, some of those photo's are absolute crackers.
Cheers,
Stephen

markhallam

markhallam - Nov 7, 2010 9:45 am - Voted 10/10

Trip down memory lane - thanks!

My 40 years plus love of mountains started with annual trips to Snowdonia. I know the Snowdon Horseshoe well - and your lovely TR has reminded me I am overdue another visit - thanks!
Cheers, Mark

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 7, 2010 1:39 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Trip down memory lane - thanks!

Thanks Boydie and Mark. It is wonderful area, added to by the total unpredictability of the weather.

Charles

Charles - Nov 8, 2010 6:25 am - Voted 10/10

Bryan

nice report - very nice! ANd the photos are really lovely - a great place! You´ve brogught back a few memories too there Bryan - thanks!
Cheers

Charles

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 8, 2010 9:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Bryan

Thank you Charles! Hope you see it like that before too long. But not today as gales and heavy rain/snow are sweeping across the UK!

mills

mills - Nov 8, 2010 2:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic

Cheers for a fantastic trip report Bryan, looks like you had a wonderful day. Also your images are really beautiful, thanks for posting, hope you will continue to enjoy Snowdonia.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 8, 2010 3:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic

Many thanks. I hope to be back there again within a month! I just love the area.

dadndave

dadndave - Nov 8, 2010 5:54 pm - Hasn't voted

G'day Bryan

You've made me homesick!

Great TR. Photos are superb. I haven't seen Snowdonia clear like that since I was a kid.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 9, 2010 5:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: G'day Bryan

Thanks! If you can get yerself and family over here soon for a holiday I'll try and get you some days like that in Snowdonia.

Euroclimber

Euroclimber - Nov 9, 2010 10:56 am - Voted 10/10

Love it!

Thank you for posting these pictures, brings back many memories....I used to climb Snowdon all the time as a kid when I lived in England. (Grandparents had a place in Porthmadog by the ocean :) ) I seriously recommend Wales as a place to visit...I would love to go back there and retire there when I'm older...haha

Anybody up for an exciting scramble (who is good with deadly heights) should try the Crib Goch Knife edge climb on the horseshoe up to Snowdon...love that route :)

daveyboy

daveyboy - Nov 12, 2010 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Which part of Kent:

So you had a great time on Y Wyddfa and the photos show that...!
Which part of Kent are you as I am also in Kent...?

I have done Y Wyddfa 34 times up to today and have never got fed up. As you say the features are always there but the weather changes the scenery...!
David.

Big Benn

Big Benn - Nov 12, 2010 1:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Which part of Kent:

I'm in West Malling davey, just a little closer to Y Wyddfa than you! And I can totally agree with you: so many routes and such variety in the weather.

Viewing: 1-20 of 20
Return to 'Autumn Day on Snowdon' main page