Badger Mtn 2003

Badger Mtn 2003

Thanks to John Roper for this shot of myself, Eric Keeler and Jeff Howbert on a visit to the highest of the Richland Alps, Badger Mountain. That is Richland Washington in the background with the mighty Columbia River running at the northeast side of the city. Interestingly enough, John and Jeff were trying to get every named peak within each quadrangle in the state of Washington and it is doubtful anyone else will ever accomplish what they have accomplished in this endeavor (well maybe Paul Klenke). See this fun article on "Dumpster Diving" Another neat page of John/Jeff's eastern washington efforts: HERE Want the "master list" of peaks in Washington: Its here.
Dean
on Nov 4, 2009 10:18 am
Image ID: 570382

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Kadee

Kadee - Nov 4, 2009 10:57 am - Voted 10/10

Peakbagging

Great article - I completely agree with "dumpster diving". Every peak is worth the climb.

Redwic

Redwic - Nov 4, 2009 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Hey, this is a nice peak.

I wouldn't call it a dumpster dive. It's the closest thing that the Tri-Cities area has to a mountain hike. Although I have never heard of the "Richland Alps"...

Thank you for that "Dumpster Diving" article link... It makes me feel a little better about some of the ridiculous obscure adventures I venture on... I'm not alone! :-)

Dean

Dean - Nov 4, 2009 7:28 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hey, this is a nice peak.

Richland Alps is a phrase coined by John Roper. Some of them are: Badger, Candy, Red, and a few other bumps. With snow on them, they kinda resemble a poor man's alps. When John visited, we did a bunch of small peaks in the region. Lots of fun.

calebEOC

calebEOC - Jan 9, 2010 12:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Hey, this is a nice peak.

I dont know Dean... everytime there has been snow here this year the "alps" have been concealed in fog. This is foggiest place I have ever lived. btw that Klenke article was awesome.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4