Bavariafels Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
desainme

desainme - Aug 3, 2006 2:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Crags

but kind of far from Bayern. Why are they called Bavarian rocks?

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 4, 2006 6:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Good Crags

Really I have no idea why it is called that way. However, the Pfalz (or Kurpfalz) area belonged to the kingsom of Bavaria up to the end of WW I. This might be the connection...

Lee Stamm

Lee Stamm - Aug 4, 2006 2:22 am - Voted 10/10

Nice job as usual

You seem to be aiming for every crag in the Rheinland.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 4, 2006 6:49 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice job as usual

Not every crag - they are far too many. But I definitely love to explore them :-)

Kikee

Kikee - Jul 10, 2008 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

BAVARIAFELS

Dear Gangolf, Hi 2 U !
I had recently heard, in the Palatinate, that the Bavariafels is already free of access, hiking and climbing, scrambling ... Several rocks in the nearest sector too, like those ones : Rötzenstein, Durstigfels, Puhlstein, Hirtsfels, Glasfels, Ruppertstein, Asselstein, Hundsfels, ... I was in a birds protecting house, for knowing this very excellent new ! So, I would like to tell, to all the climbing and hiking fans in the Palatinate, that all the rocks are finally free, authorized ! There are still several STOP indications on many rocks, but no panic : the access is normally free and will not beeing punished with a money punition ! But, have just one thing, when you are visiting these very big, wild and impressive rocks : don't throw anything, don't make noise, don't walk on the flora, don't quit the cut-lines and the marked paths, ... Your visit will be more interesting, fascinating, picturesque, ... Dear Gangolf, your photos of the Bavariafels are exceptionnal : it's a very great, huge massive success ! I love this article too and too much ! It will be time for me, of going there, as fast as I can in my free time to come ... Congratulations !!!

Kikee

Kikee - Feb 2, 2009 2:47 pm - Voted 10/10

BAVARIAFELS

Dear Gangolf, Hello 2 U ! Happy new year 2009 2 U ! I just have to tell U, that the Bavariafels is already reclosed for the hikers and the climbers (unfortunately because the peregrine falcon is breeding and nesting here ! ). So, since the first february 2009, is this very wild sandstone site, forbidden of access ! This rule is available for the period, situated between the 1st february and the 1st july included ! So, be cautious if U're coming here, for visiting and photographying this site ... The forestian mens are here, to control and to keep the Bavariafels totallu free of pollution, noise, penetration, scrambling and climbing scenes ! U have to wait july, for recoming here ... Be patient and see U one more time, as fast as possible ! U'r website is fabulous, but I really want of U'r part, news articles from those magnificient palatian rocky formations ... I love them 2 and 2 much !!!

Kikee

Kikee - Sep 17, 2009 4:34 pm - Voted 10/10

BAVARIAFELS

Hi again, to all the SP's users ! Why does the Bavariafels, not being cleaned and degaged, for making an easier access ? The summital part of the rock, is almost impossible to reach, in the summer season, when the site is completely overgrown by farns, herbs, callunas, ... The ticks, a genuine danger in the Palatinate country, are too numerous here and it's terrifying ! For reaching the summital structure of the Bavariafels, you have so, better to wait and to come in the winter season, when the vegetation has totally disappeared ! The walk along the rocks will be easier and faster and you will not find ticks ! You have equally to be cautious, during the nesting and breeding season, when the peregrine is establishing himself, on the summit of the main climbing tower ... The Bavariafels can be closed to the public, between the 1st february and the 1st july of the year ! For reaching easier the western summit of this very savage rock, it would be good, to install a wood ladder. The panorama of the Bavariafels is remarkable, but, unfortunately, nothing is doing, for valorizing the site ! This is a very big fault, I say it ! So, if you return there maybe one time, why don't you install a wood ladder, with several of your climbing and hiking fans or friends ? It would be so good, for visiting better the Bavaria !!!

Kikee

Kikee - Aug 5, 2010 4:20 pm - Voted 10/10

BAVARIAFELS

Hi to all the palatian lovers and hikers, climbers equally ! I have now to say, that the Bavariafels is totally free if visit : the site is re-authorized for climbing and hiking, scrambling and bouldering, mountaineering, ... I was there for the second time, the 31st of july, with fabulous pictures and good clean weather (no rain, a little cloudy and very agreable temperature). It was a magnificient re-visit ! And I succeed to reach the summital plateau ... Thanks to you, dear Gangolf !!!

Kikee

Kikee - Nov 8, 2010 7:29 pm - Voted 10/10

BAVARIAFELS

When I'm thinking about this rocky site, I can't be without doing nothing ! The Bavariafels is absolutely perfect, magical to visit and extremely wild, preserved and unknown by the hikers and the climbers ... But the proximity with the B10's main road, is very disturbing : what for a noise ! But the place is very agreable, with a fabulous panorama on the Queich valley and the vicinity of Wilgartswiesen ! The access on the summital structure (at the western hand), is a little difficult, but I was easely enough thereover, with small scrambling moves and contorsions ! A famous TOP-ROCK, in all the Southern Palatinate ! Thanx a lot again, dear friend and continue so !!!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Bavariafels' main page