Bear Mountain Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
cp0915

cp0915 - Apr 24, 2007 4:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice peak

Great addition.

2skinners - Apr 24, 2007 4:29 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice peak

Thanks

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Apr 24, 2007 7:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice work!

however, something you may or may not want to address is that the Bear Mountain Trail does NOT go to the summit of Bear Mountain. It's not something you'd find highly publicized - in fact, I've seen a number of sites that say it does. I found this out completely by accident (and let me tell you - assuming the trail goes to the summit led to a day of being damned confused a lot of the time).

Anyway, the trail ends at a spot somewhat less than half a mile away and almost due south from the South Summit (which incidentally isn't the highest summit on the mountain either, but it's the one folks think they're at when the trail ends).

Was that confusing enough? I'd be glad to clarify further if you want to mention any of this on your page.

2skinners - Apr 24, 2007 7:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice work!

That would be great if you don't mind. I will give you editing privleges for that page. I will make a spot where you can leave a description in the overview if you don't mind.

Andinistaloco

Andinistaloco - Apr 24, 2007 8:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice work!

Tell you what, man... I was planning on hitting Sedona on Thursday - I could just as easily hit Bear on that day and that way I'd be able to give you a decent writeup, if you can wait a couple days. Cool?

2skinners - Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice work!

absolutely

theronmoon

theronmoon - Apr 24, 2007 7:45 pm - Voted 10/10

Great page!

I can't wait to get back up to this awesome area.

2skinners - Apr 24, 2007 8:14 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Thanks

Jb Fletch - Aug 15, 2020 7:55 pm - Hasn't voted

Great mountain & views

Did this the summer of 2018 in 90+F sunny heat, four (4) hours out and back, 7am-11am. Great views.
As to the trail and summit, sometimes it's okay just as it is without pushing ahead off-trail, creating issues of use, over-use, and erosion.
I did this hike as a locally recommended alternative to Thunder Mtn/Capital Butte (I found the hidden bushwack trail, confirmed by my local friends), but followed the local preference not to climb it.
I was not disappointed with Bear as the alternative; and had already hiked up Wilson Mtn a day or two before.
*

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Bear Mountain' main page