Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Oct 18, 2006 8:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Most Complete...

useful and definitive "Area/Range" page I have seen.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 18, 2006 8:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Most Complete...

Thanks for your vote! This is the least climbed area of the Wasatch Range considering that most Utah SPers live near Salt Lake City.

Sebastian Hamm

Sebastian Hamm - Oct 18, 2006 8:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Very informative!

Very nice! Thanks! Sebastian

Lee Stamm

Lee Stamm - Oct 19, 2006 2:23 am - Hasn't voted

Well done

Informative, interesting, comprehensive, and plenty of excellent photos.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Oct 20, 2006 6:13 pm - Voted 10/10

Wow!

Great page. I've never been in this area, but all the great photos and information on this page sure make me want to go check it out. Thanks for posting.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Oct 20, 2006 9:13 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wow!

Thanks Dave, you should check out this area if you get the chance. I didn't see very many people hiking or climbing in these mountains. Like most of Idaho, some of the roads require a high clearance 4-WD vehicle to get very far.

mrh

mrh - Nov 3, 2006 4:21 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent Page

I have been wondering when this page would get put up. I have been in these mountains a couple times and always wish I could return. Its just so far from home. Thanks for the effort.

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Nov 4, 2006 1:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Very nice...

...page! Good job on both photos AND writing! Thanks for taking the time on this one!

(Question: "Magog," and "Gog" are interesting names--do you know the source?)

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 4, 2006 5:45 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Very nice...

Thank you, saintgrizzly! The names Magog and Gog come from the Bible. Both of them have an interesting history. They were often associated with a prophecy of the apocalypse.

More information can be found here and here.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Nov 4, 2006 8:46 pm - Voted 10/10

There're 2 more places in Central-South Wasatch

where you can find lots of Gog, only they must be buried underground there:

Ezek 39:11 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

Our 1st and 2nd Hamongog (Hebrew for the multiple of Gog) are meadows on a classic South route to Lone Peak which hasn't been described at SP yet.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Nov 4, 2006 9:33 pm - Hasn't voted

More Gogs and Magogs :)

I almost forgot about the Hamongogs. They are also biblical names. Everyone who climbs up the South Face of Lone Peak hikes by them.

Here are my choices. They are located near Mount Assiniboine in the Canadian Rockies.

This is Lake Magog and Gog Lake.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - Apr 23, 2007 2:54 am - Voted 10/10

I like it!

As you can tell, I really like your page on the Bear River Range. I live here so it's fun to see and read about. Your photo are very beautiful and I hope you like the ones I've attached on your page! Keep up the great work!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Apr 23, 2007 1:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I like it!

Thanks, I appreciate it! I am an hour south of the Bear River Range but I have family that lives near every city that surrounds the range. Thanks for attaching your photos. The page is still growing and should be more complete by the end of this year.

mtybumpo

mtybumpo - May 19, 2007 2:08 am - Voted 10/10

Nice Addition!

I like how you've added a section about all the lakes in the Bear River Range! It's a great idea!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - May 21, 2007 12:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Addition!

Thanks! The Bear River Range recieves a lot of snow and precipitation compared to other ranges in Southern Idaho and Northern Utah. That's why there are so many lakes, rivers, and streams. I guess that's what makes this mountain range so different.

Props

Props - Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm - Voted 10/10

Outstanding...

and a lot of fun to read since I lived in Logan for almost 13 years.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Jan 14, 2008 3:00 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Outstanding...

Thank you! I like receiving comments from people who been to the places I have written about. This is a great area so I tried to make a good page for it. Some of the people who live in Logan are unaware of the great mountain range that they live by.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Feb 28, 2008 6:24 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome Page

Great page, this one of the most comprehensive pages I've seen on this page. Thanks for the great work!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Feb 28, 2008 11:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Awesome Page

Thank you very much! Many of the mountains in the Bear River Range are not climbed often. I really like this area so I spent extra time writing a page for it.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Feb 28, 2008 9:43 pm - Voted 10/10

wow, Jello!

You must eat a huge amount of jello! The page just keeps on going and going. You set the bar very high!

Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Return to 'Bear River Range' main page