Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Nov 7, 2015
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Fall

Short, Beautiful "Climb" up Mount Bailey.


Bailey was a very enjoyable, causal outing. We drove up Road 380 to cut off about 2 miles from the appoach. The road was in decent condition and we had little trouble negotiating the rutted out sections in a 4x4 Tacoma even with a couple inches of snow. The trail crossing on 380 is not conspicious, but markings on a tree showed where the sign used to be, and a small pull-out with enough parking for a few vehicles is available. The trail is well-marked with blue trianglular signs for nordic skiers up to the timber line. From here, if the trail is not obvious, skirt the large crater at 7800' to the west (climber's left), re-join the main ridgeline, and traverse over to the large summit cone.

Unnamed Image

Unnamed Image


Unnamed Image

For additional photos, info, and trip reports for other Cascade Volcanoes, check out our blog here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Mount BaileyTrip Reports