Bergeralm Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.65980°N / 10.63650°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-Up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the main page for the directions to the trailhead at Tannas.

Route Description



  • General data
      - Start altitude: 1444m
      - Summit altitude: 2410m
      - Prevailing exposition: S
      - Type: 2h on marked paths and roads, 2h trailless
      - Protection: in the upper part sparsely marked and hard to find
  • Effort: 1000m gain in elevation
  • Power: 1 - easy
  • Psyche: 1 - easy

    There are several routes onto Köpfleplatte, two different ones starting from Tannas. In their lower parts the routes are well marked but as you cross the timber line don't count on finding any signs or cairns.

    The easiest route is a roundabout trail which heads for one of the pastures to the north-east of Köpflplatte before the scramble to the summit starts. This first part heads out from Tannas along the road towards Schluderns. After 500m trail No 26 turns off to the north along a narrow forest road. Follow the road until it makes a bend to the west. Here (shortly after the bend) look for a narrow path (marked K - the K is supposed to lead you to the summit). The path meets a second forest road after 200m which you have to follow until its end at Bergeralm.

    From the Alm, which is already located at about 2100m, you can in principle choose between two trails. Unfortunately both vanish after a short time so that the best strategy is to head directly for the summit ridge - preferably to the south-west of Köpfleplatte. This last part of the ascent requires some orientation, moreover it is steep and trailless.

    Essential Gear

    Hiking gear is sufficient. Bring water.
  • Parents 

    Parents

    Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.