Today the net is crowded of so called "Travel 2.0" websites. Now it's less easy to find detailed and useful info without being confused by the number of repeating reviews.
Here a simple guide to help you organize an adventure vacation
by yourself or at least learn how to evaluate the offers.
All you need to know to plan your travel is to search for the right info and link them together. Then build your mind map of what you'll do.
The requisites you'll need are a time, patience and a good knowledge of internet.
Below the 5 points to consider while planning a tour and a guide to identify the key elements.
First of all you'll need to know what type of activity you'll practice.
The main "Adventurous" are Backpacking, Hiking, mountain biking, Diving-scuba, Ecotourism
Know what type of activity to practice it's a good thing to start searching for info related to the availability, training, skills, risks and the best period when practice it.
2. Once you choose the activity, it's time to choose the destination where practice it.
* You can follow the ideas of your friends, family or social network.
* You can choose a random place in the world map
* Get advices from a travel agent
* Find top 10 destinations in niche websites or blogs
* At least search on Google
to find ideas or suggestions
3. Now it's the turn of searching for detailed info on how to practice this activity in you preferred destination
Search in magazines, guide books, blogs
or review sites for:
* Public transports and transfers
* Document requirements
* Health and Safety
* Weight, liquid and money converters
Some times it's better to grab info by watching video trips, pictures or type the name of the destination in news aggregators to see what's going on.
Forum and message boards are a great source to find unbiased info and reviews.
You can search between a list of threads of other people that have already visited that particular destination.
The best forum about adventure travels are:
* BootsnAll Travel Network
* Forums from Discovery.com
* Aaron Aardvark
* Adventure travel budget forum
* Backpacker Adventure Travel Forum
* Thorn Tree Travel Forum
4. Another little step and the game is done!
Now you need to coordinate the facilities and services to arrive in your destinations.
So search for flights, buy the right insurance and pack the right gear
Be sure to pack at least these:
* Bathing suit
* Bug repellent
* Rain poncho
* Sun glasses
5. If you travel in remote destinations (where exactly the adventure is), it's better to contact a local tour operator.
To choose the best, just look at these aspects:
* Read their trip dossier
* Verify their environment standards
* Evaluate their customer service
* Read their safety policy
* Search for negative reviews on the net
Once you have finished your trip planning...put batteries in your camera, train your legs and enjoy your next vacation!