Bighorn Sheep Canyon - Great View in the Distance

Bighorn Sheep Canyon - Great View in the Distance

Bighorn Sheep Canyon, perhaps Lookout Mountain Every day had changing scenery. In the early days it was forests and the well known peaks of the Collegiate Range. Then as we headed further south the trees grew sparse, replaced often with boulder fields until eventually arid hills and rocky gorges filled our view. I'm not sure but this could be Lookout Mountain in the distance. Since I always paddled in the stern where the guide sat, I got to hear about the local history and ask questions. I also got to know each guide's style and paddling preference which dictated whether I paddled on my left or my right. Good thing I am practically ambidextrous! The other four in our raft choose their spots but I was considered to be the "flex" person who could move most easily to balance the needs of the guide. Riding on the stern was great except that the raft edge flexes there and I had trouble keeping myself "anchored" securely at times even with foot cups to shove one foot into on the floor of the raft. Read more about what happened the first time my anchor failed me in "I'll Take My Mountains Padded With Rubber" Part II here..
silversummit
on Jan 24, 2009 10:09 pm
Image Type(s): Scenery,  Water
Image ID: 483201

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 22, 2009 7:03 pm - Voted 10/10

You're keeping us glued to

the edge of our seats!

Hey, maybe glue wouldn't be such a bad idea!
Especially when running Class IV stuff!

silversummit

silversummit - Feb 25, 2009 8:01 am - Hasn't voted

Re: You're keeping us glued to

Thanks Larry! Glue would have helped a couple of my fellow paddlers! I've been working on Part II for awhile; just have to been in the right mood.....I'm that kind of writer!

lcarreau

lcarreau - Feb 25, 2009 10:41 am - Voted 10/10

Re: You're keeping us glued to

I know. True art cannot be created unless
there's a time frame attached to it.

I think I'll venture outside and take in the
80-degree weather we've been having. Cheers!!!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3