Blackmon Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
mtwashingtonmonroe

mtwashingtonmonroe - Aug 2, 2005 10:49 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work already Sean! Take care!

-Britt

IdahoSummits

IdahoSummits - Aug 2, 2005 11:34 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good job. A few comments:



  • I'd like to see Tom's book added on peaks like this one that are in the book. It's not that hard, just get the ISDN number and they will add a link to Amazon automagically for you.



  • There are a few minor spelling mistakes on the page.



  • Too many BIG pictures on the page, makes me have to scroll a lot to read the page. One should be suffice.



  • If you want, you can add a link to the Idaho Outdoors Forum in the "Mountain Conditions" section. I know you thought I might not want that, but I am fine with that and add it on my pages.



  • A few other things that might be cool on your pages are the pinpoint weather forecasts you can get off the Weather Service page... let's you drill down to the peak. A link to the avalanche center page. Lastly, information about the forest service... a lot of people coming in from out of town will be contact the forest service about road conditions, etc...



  • IdahoKid

    IdahoKid - Aug 2, 2005 12:42 pm - Hasn't voted

    Untitled Comment

    Thanks for all the comments Dan. I have spell checked, added the links, and swiped the number of large pictures. Where do you enter the USDN# to get Tom's book? I dont see an area where it says to do this.



    It was your page on Blackman Peak to try the loop you had done, just backward, but was turned away by some scary looking clouds coming in. After being up there, I'm just chomping at the bit to make into the WCPs!

    Sean

    IdahoSummits

    IdahoSummits - Aug 2, 2005 12:54 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Sean,



    Wow, well done on the additions! They were just suggestions and you ran with them... cool. Looks like you got the pinpoint forecast very near the summit (9990 feet), which is hard to do.



    To add Tom's book, just click on the book link and paste in 0898866081 for the ISBN number and click the preview number... very quick and easy.



    -Dan

    Dow Williams

    Dow Williams - Aug 2, 2005 2:58 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    good job sean...

    Johan Heersink

    Johan Heersink - Aug 3, 2005 6:22 am - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Nice!

    hgrapid

    hgrapid - Sep 24, 2005 4:13 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Good work. Check spelling on the route page. Also, what is the distance/elevation gain for this hike?

    Super Dave

    Super Dave - Oct 2, 2005 11:23 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Thanks for the feedback. I think all the spelling errors are now corrected and I added the distance/gain stats.

    Super Dave

    Super Dave - Dec 11, 2005 11:15 am - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Thanks for the vote!

    gjagiels

    gjagiels - Dec 29, 2005 7:11 am - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Nice page! Too bad about the fire :-(

    Dean

    Dean - Jan 9, 2006 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Idaho mountains are great and this one is no exception.

    mrh

    mrh - Jan 12, 2006 4:00 pm - Voted 10/10

    Untitled Comment

    Neat peak.

    Viewing: 1-12 of 12
    Return to 'Blackmon Peak' main page