Bob's Knob is a great trad route used for new leaders and great to climb for learning the area for descent from all routes on the Slab. Most pitches are long and protection is good. There is no fixed protection bring a medium rack.This route shares the first 4 pitches of the Standard Route
and provides escape in trees after pitch 3.
The RoutePitch 1
- From the base of a major left-facing corner the begins the Empress route rises a dike that leads up to a belay on low-angled rock. 5.0 150'
- Climb up and right to a ledge at the base of a huge right facing/arching corner. 5.2 110'
- Step out onto the face and head right on to easier rock at a good belay stance. 5.3 130'
- Go up and through trees to the wall facing the roads on Bob's Knob that faces the road.
- Lead up in to the corner to reach a tree covered ledge.
- Class 4 and easy 5th will lead to the top of the climb.