Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 50.75210°N / 116.58691°W
Additional Information County: Canada
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Elevation: 9705 ft / 2958 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Brenta up close
Sophie Climbing Brenta s South Ridge
Brenta spire is the most distinctive and highest peak amongst the eastern spires of the Bugaboos. It may not be as popular a peak as the more famous central spires, but it offers a wilder experience to the climbers willing to scale it and the views towards the larger spires from the upper ridges are stupendous. Several routes scale its flanks, most of a moderate nature.

Routes:
South ridge: AD-, 4th class
Southeast Face: AD, 5.9
Southern Comfort: AD, 5.8
Southeast Spur: AD, 5.6
Another Fine Day in the Bugaboos: AD,5.7
North Ridge: AD, 4th class
Vockeroth Route: AD, 4th class

Getting There

Brenta Spire East Basin
To reach the base of the peak from Applebee campground make your way up to the Eastpost-Crescent col. Drop down the drainage to a pond beyond Whipping Post peak. Turn left (West) at the pond and scramble up a boulder field to the basin immdiately below Brenta Spire.

Alternatively, you may climb over Crescent Spire and access Brenta Spire along the ridge connecting Crescent and Brenta spires.

Red Tape

No red tape here. No one will probably ever notice you even climbed this peak.

Camping

Camp at Applebee
You may camp at Applebee campground - 5$ per person a night. You may also spend the night at the Kain Hut for approximately 20-25$ per person a night. If you must Boulder camp below the Kain Hut also offers camping below tree line which is, as with applebee, 5$ a night per person.

External Links

Please refer to "The Bugaboos" by Chris Atkinson and Marc Piché for a complete description of the area and specific climbs.