Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 38.73663°N / 112.01444°W
Additional Information County: Sevier
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 6572 ft / 2003 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the prominent treeless foothill on the east side of Sevier Valley from Richfield, Utah. The closest little town is Annabella. Bull Claim Hill rises roughly 1300 feet above the valley and has a road to the summit where multiple large antennae serve the area.

Getting There

Drive 1.5 miles east from the town of Annabella along Sauls Meadow Road. Turn north onto the road the goes to Bull Claim Hill.
High on Bull Claim Hill
High on Bull Claim Hill

Route

The road to the summit can be driven without issues. For the hike itself, parking on the left just past the first big switchback allows for a moderate walk along the road to the summit. 
Round-trip Distance: 2.5 miles
Elevation Gain: 870 feet

Red Tape

No permits or fees required but please do not touch the equipment at the top of the peak.

When to Climb

Year-round as the peak would get hardly any more snow than the valley below and is south facing.

Camping

No camping areas in the immediate vicinity of this peak.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.