Burch Hollow Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.70956°N / 111.71162°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The easiest way to the summit of Church Fork Peak from Mill Creek Canyon.

Getting There

3.6 miles past the pay booth up Mill Creek Canyon Road.

Route Description

Start at the Burch Hollow Trailhead and join the Pipeline trail heading east. Pass a well-made bridge, round the next ridge into the gulch where a shallow stream can sometimes be seen. Continue around the next bend, gaining considerable elevation. On the southeast facing slope of the next ridge, the Burch Hollow Trail branches off. Take caution since it is easily missed due to the fact that it joins the Pipeline Trail at a 30ยบ angle and the sign in up in the trees on the north side of the trail.
Once you find the trail, it steepens and does not relent. Continue to the ridge and pass over by an additional 30 feet. A game trail will be visible and will allow passage on the north side of one of the rocks jutting out steeply from the ridge on the way to the west. Once past the rock, stay on the south side for 200-300 feet of trail. Once on the ridge again, veer to the north side and follow this trail to the summit.

Essential Gear

Normal hiking gear. Avy gear in winter. Bring plenty of water in summer.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.