Camino Inca km 82 Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
utahjimk

utahjimk - Nov 12, 2011 12:48 pm Date Climbed: Jul 24, 2000

wonderful!  Sucess!

24-27 July. Basically same trail though took alternative way from Phuyupatamarka camp ending up at Intipata (skipping "2000 steps"). Huayna Picchu reminded me of Angels landing in Zion NP, USA.

webenji - Dec 2, 2010 5:03 am Date Climbed: Nov 30, 2007

Best way to see Machu Pichu  Sucess!

This was actually my first "real" hike and what really got me into hiking, which, evantually, got me into alpine climbing. Best way to get to Machu Pichu as you see other ruins along the way and get to Machu Pichu at ~ 7am, before the first tourist train (11am). Altitude can be a problem since there is a pass at 4200 meters (~14000 feet).

Brad F

Brad F - Feb 17, 2010 10:20 am Date Climbed: Jun 4, 2009

Incredible!  Sucess!

Had perfect weather the entire trip; no rain and no fog. I was speechless once we arrived at the Sun Gate and had our first view of Machu Picchu; very surreal. Hiking the Inca Trail is definitely the most rewarding way to see Machu Picchu.

drewfleck - Jun 13, 2009 5:53 am Date Climbed: Jan 1, 2004

Super aesthetic  Sucess!

This was great hike with super aesthetic scenery. I love history and stumbling across old inca ruins throughout the day made this a very fun and exciting trip. The trail itself at times traverses across luscious tropical mountain sides and there were nights when we camped above the clouds. This was a pretty padded trip in terms of support from porters and our company, but it was nevertheless a great introduction to spending nights in the beautiful South American wilderness. Of course, this is by far the most rewarding way to access Machu Picchu, and you can't help but feel like you are connecting with those ancient Incans who had walked this same trail hundreds of years ago.

Ze

Ze - Feb 19, 2009 7:50 pm Date Climbed: Nov 24, 2007

memorable  Sucess!

of course more worthwhile to do the trek to Machu Picchu.

Whitesail

Whitesail - Dec 9, 2008 2:47 pm

Rewarding  Sucess!

Doing the hike defiantly added a lot to the experience of Machu Pichu compared to being just bused in. In 1998 the facilities were fairly squalid at some of the campsites.

diane

diane - Mar 5, 2007 7:52 pm Date Climbed: Jan 22, 2004

walking history  Sucess!

was awful neat to walk on stones, some of which were set in pre-columbian times. did the typical 4 days hike from km 82 to machu picchu, had our share of rain and fog but still managed to get some of the worst sunburn i've ever had on my ears. my cousin and i were both peeling off layers of skin for days afterward while we were dining on llama and guinea pig back in cuzco.

kilimanjaro1

kilimanjaro1 - Nov 15, 2006 3:12 pm Date Climbed: Nov 3, 2006

Great Hike  Sucess!

Nice 4 day hike ending at Machu Picchu. It statrted raining at Machu Picchu, so I decided to pass on climbing Huana Picchu and opted to go into town of Aqua Calientes. The trail was very clean and well maintained. Even flush toilets at the camps and a tiled shower at final camp. Hundreds of years of time have settled this rock paved trail into a firm trail. Only saw maybe 3 loose rocks the whole trail. A very nice trail. I used SAS Travel and was very happy with them in every regard.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Camino Inca km 82' main page