Canal del torreòn

Canal del torreòn

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.26180°N / 5.1814°W
Additional Information Route Type: approach to the escalade
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: II+, Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


FromGuisando until the platform of the nogal del barranco. We ascend for the rail until the base of the apretura, for which arrive to the refuge Antonio Victory, from which we continue to the base of the torreón.


(Desde Guisando hasta la plataforma del nogal del barranco. Subimos por el carril hasta la base de la apretura, por la cual llegamos hasta el refugio Antonio Victory, desde el cual seguimos a la base del torreón)

Route Description


From the refuge to go toward the visible channel to the left of the Torreón that separates this of the group of the tips Tonino Ré - Peñalara. Attack the channel something to the left of their outlet for some tiers in the wall of the Pta Tonino Ré, to reach the channel above something (II+). to Overcome it without remarkable difficulties, except for some isolated superación, until a bifurcation exists to the left. From this point you can cross to the right to reach the breach of the Torreón.
Schedule aprox 30 min.
Following the brunch of the left, more pending, you arrives to the hill between the Ptas Peñalara and Tonino Ré. To take the ram that limits the channel for the izq then. and fortress the Hill between the Pta Tonino Ré and the Pta Don Servando. From this place you can surround the Tip Don Servando for the izq. and, among blocks, to arrive to the Espaldar of the Galayos.
Schedule aprox: 1 h.


(Desde el refugio dirigirse hacia la visible canal que a la izquierda del Torreón separa a éste del grupo de las puntas Tonino Ré - Peñalara. Atacar la canal algo a la izquierda de su desembocadura por unas gradas en la pared de la Pta Tonino Ré, para alcanzar la canal algo más arriba (II+). Remontarla sin dificultades notables, salvo alguna superación aislada, hasta que existe una bifurcación a la izquierda. Desde este punto se puede atravesar a la derecha para alcanzar la brecha del Torreón.
Horario aprox 30 min.
Siguiendo el ramal de la izquierda, más pendiente, se llega al collado entre las Ptas Peñalara y Tonino Ré. Tomar entonces el espolón que limita la canal por la izq. y alcazar el Collado entre la Pta Tonino Ré y la Pta Don Servando. Desde este lugar se puede rodear la Punta Don Servando por la izq. y, entre bloques, llegar al Espaldar de los Galayos.
Horario aprox: 1 h. )


Essential Gear


Trekking clothes, comfortable footwear. If our intention is the escalade, we will take appropriate accessories: feet of cat, strings, friends, etc...


(Ropa de trekking, calzado comodo. Si nuestra intención es la escalada, deberemos llevar accesorios adecuados: pies de gato, cuerdas, friends, etc...)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
Diego Sahagún

Diego Sahagún - Jun 23, 2002 3:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Route Comment

By Enrique Herreros and Angel Tresaco on 11th July 1933. When they did the 2nd ascent of Torreón (Cara Oeste, Chimenea Oeste or Normal).

Viewing: 1-1 of 1