Capricorn near the...

Capricorn near the...

Capricorn near the Rotsteinpass saddle (July 1984)
Mathias Zehring
on May 1, 2003 1:08 pm
Image ID: 20055

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
kletterwebbi

kletterwebbi - May 4, 2003 10:13 pm - Hasn't voted

I've hoped ...

... that someone can publish such a picture. I searched my own archive but have not found any picture of a capricorn. Thanks for posting.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 30, 2003 2:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: I've hoped ...

Some time ago I've posted on SP this guy. He even didn't move his head to enable a better picture. And also this guy.

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - May 24, 2003 9:00 am - Voted 10/10

It moved me deeply.

To: Mathias Zehring

Cc: Kletterwebbi

Hello Mathias Zehring,

I saw your photo of the Capricorn (ID=43120) in the Altmann which you took it 19 years ago. It moved me deeply and I voted to your photo.

Around 20years ago, there are a lot of the blue sheep, deer, bear and another animals in the Four Girls Mountains.

But now, almost animals has become extinct. The blue sheep is a survivor. But these fear the man kind seriously.

I added the photo of the blue sheep in the Four Girls. I am very glad that if you visit to the Four Girls and see it.

(My photo is not even come close to your photo)

Keep in touch.

Kenzo Okawa

Mathias Zehring

Mathias Zehring - May 30, 2003 11:09 am - Hasn't voted

Re: It moved me deeply.

Hi Kenzo,

I like your picture of the bluesheep (as all of your pictures). Mine is not the best quality (I have better ones, but not from the Alpstein region)

As kletterwebbi wrote, capricorns almost were extinct in the european alps 100 years ago. There were only few of them left in Gran Paradiso group in Italy where they were protected by the king of Italy who wanted to hunt them for his own! All nowerdays capricorns of the alps are descendants of these few and they are now protected by law.

What about laws in China?

Kenzo Okawa

Kenzo Okawa - Jun 16, 2003 3:24 am - Voted 10/10

Re: It moved me deeply.

Hello Mathias Zehring. Thanks your reply.

In China, the blue sheep is protected by law. However, the protection system is poor.

When the winter comes, grass on the mountain is covered with snow. Then, the blue shee gets to the bottom of the valley.

At this time, the blue shee is poached. Because the poaching is small in scale, the blue sheep will not become extinct.

However, the protection system must be early strengthened. The situation that the wild animal fears a person extremely is sad.

The following site is introducing the protection activity of the Abruzzi chamois which inhabits only a mountain place in Italy.

If you have interest, please visit to this site.

http://www.camosciodabruzzo.it/

Viewing: 1-5 of 5