Viewing: 1-3 of 3
nartreb

nartreb - Mar 30, 2008 1:12 pm - Voted 10/10

good start

Needs links to the AMC pages for reservations, information, etc.

Precise latitude and longitude would be really useful. For this hut it's: N 44.25905 W 71.19548
(Read it from an online map such as mapper.acme.com; start with the topographic view and confirm with the satellite view.)

I've attached it to the Carter Range page, it should also be attached to the pages for Wildcat and for Carter Dome.

A few photos wouldn't hurt, as would a word or two about what makes this hut special or different. So far It's not at all clear that you've actually been there.

roadtripper

roadtripper - Mar 30, 2008 7:00 pm - Hasn't voted

good suggestions

Nartreb - thanks for the suggestions.

I added a link to the exact AMC availability page for each hut. There was already a link at the bottom of each page for general info for each hut from the AMC.

I'll work on getting longitude & latitude and a bit more info about why each hut is special. (I've visited all except for Madison Spring)

I'm assuming it was you who connected the hut pages to the various ranges/mountains (I still don't know how to do that), so thanks for that. I'll update some of the mountains/trails in the description to their respective pages.

nartreb

nartreb - Mar 31, 2008 11:36 am - Voted 10/10

Re: good suggestions

I attached the mountains and ranges that I own - I can't do all of them. When you're logged in, the page for each hut will show the yellow "editor's bar."The second(?) link from the right is "Attach/Detach". Click that, and search for the appropriate mountain/range page to attach to. You want the mountain to be a Parent of the hut, so "attach as parent".

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Carter Notch AMC Hut' main page