Cascade Mountain Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Aug 25, 2019 7:58 pm Date Climbed: Aug 25, 2019

Via Bowen Gulch  Sucess!

Loop over Cascade -> Ruby -> Bowen.

Brian Kalet

Brian Kalet - Mar 3, 2014 1:17 pm Date Climbed: Sep 22, 2013

4 Peaks  Sucess!

With Ruby Mountain, Radial Mountain & Porphyry Peak SW.

kavak

kavak - Aug 22, 2009 11:50 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 2009

North Supply TH  Sucess!

I have always wanted to hike this one because of its views along most of the route and its prominence in the area. I combined it with Ruby Mountain and on such a nice day I was surprised no one else was on either peak.

Kessler

Kessler - Jul 30, 2009 10:34 pm Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2009

Cascade  Sucess!

July 25 2009:

Via SW Ridge from North Supply.

Scott

Scott - Jul 29, 2009 11:04 pm Date Climbed: Jul 25, 2009

Cascade  Sucess!

Cascade Mountain is considered the southernmost “big one” in the Never Summer Range in Colorado. Kessler and I decided to give the peak a good attempt.

I got home from work very late the night before, so we didn’t get a very early start, arriving at the trailhead at 9:00 am. We would have to hurry in order to complete the climb in one day. We quickly climbed up to the Blue Ridge and followed it up to the saddle above Bowen Lake before taking a well deserved rest.

After resting we climbed to the summit of Cascade Mountain via its southeast ridge. Since one mountain wasn’t enough to tire out Kessler we also climbed Peak 12198, Ruby Mountain before heading back along the ridge and down the mountain. We also took a side trip to Point 11,686 for some nice photos.

The weather on the climb was cloudy most of the time and we could tell it was storming on many of the nearby peaks, but there was no lighting (and thus no danger) and we only had light rain near the summit and a steady rain on the return to the trailhead.

It was a great climb and we completed the 12.5 mile route in a relatively quick time of just over seven hours round trip.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Cascade Mountain' main page