Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Ed F

Ed F - Aug 4, 2005 4:49 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Edit: Much Better.

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - Aug 4, 2005 7:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Please take a second look at the Castle Mountain page. I've made changes to everything you suggested. Thanks for your constructive suggestions. Please consider giving the page a higher ranking.



Thanks, Jason

Ed F

Ed F - Aug 4, 2005 7:11 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It is starting to look better. To make this one a 4 star page, you should:

- Add a signature photo. Pick your best shot of the mountain, and use the edit function to add it.

- Add more detailed route info. What you have is ok, but specific info is better, such as mileages, elevation gain, and difficulty. "Moderate" doesn't really tell us how hard it is. Typically the Class system is used here, such as Class 1, Class 3, etc. Also, add info about the snow and glacier climbing. How steep is the snow? Is it present year round? Do people rope up for the glacier? Crevasse info?



- If you want to play with html (cutting and pasting from the FAQ), you can really make your page stand out with large photos, clickable links, and other embellishments. It's actually really easy using the FAQ. I don't know anything about html myself, I just cut and paste from the examples. None of this stuff will really affect my vote like climbing beta will, but it's cool to play with if you have the time.



Keep up the good work. The page is shaping up well.

-ed

Saintgrizzly

Saintgrizzly - Aug 4, 2005 6:53 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The additional images, plus the ones removed, help the page a lot. It's a nice mountain, in a nice area--good job! A bit more specifics on the differing route possibilities, and the difficulties of each, would help. In the meantime--glad to raise my vote!



Looking forward to future submissions from you!

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - Aug 4, 2005 7:02 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your overview suggestion. I just updated the page to include it.

EastKing

EastKing - Aug 4, 2005 7:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Four star page now.

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - Aug 5, 2005 2:45 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Greg,



Thanks for your compliment on the Castle Mtn photography. Thanks for your suggestions to the mountain page also. I followed everyone's suggestions and made many changes to the mountain's pages. I welcome you to take a second look and see if it's not worth a 4 now.



Thanks,

Jason

Scott

Scott - Aug 4, 2005 7:55 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good first page, and welcome to SP.



Its a good page, and I'll vote 4-stars soon.



There are a few touches that would make it even better:



1. For a signature photo, hold the mouse over any of your photos (choose the best one). A small id number will appear. Go back to edit page and enter that id number into the proper section.



2. You may want to loose the photo of the GPS marker, and the ones of the ice axe and crampons.



Other than those very minor details, great! Keep up the good work.



For future reference, when you add a new page, it is best to write under construction right at the top. That informs people to hold off voting until you are finished. Of course, there is no way for a new member to know this, but it is learned after adding a few pages.



We hope to see more Montana pages!!

_______________________________________________



Edit, August 5: Looks good. 4-stars.

granitepeaker

granitepeaker - Aug 5, 2005 1:44 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Peter,



I've just recently made many changes to the Castle Mtn, Montana page. Please revisit it and consider ranking it higher or give me some suggestions.



Thanks

William Marler

William Marler - Aug 5, 2005 10:03 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good work. Welcome to SP. Cheers William

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Aug 7, 2005 2:10 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

It's looking good. My only suggestion would be to attach the photos of the mountain itself to the overview section instead of an own section somewhere at the bottom of the page where many possible readers won't see them.

Larry V

Larry V - Aug 7, 2005 8:25 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Welcome to SummitPost. Hope to see more Montana mountains soon. Good work on this one!

b.

b. - Aug 23, 2005 12:23 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work, this one has come up a lot in my list of beartooth adventures.

Brice Neugebauer

Brice Neugebauer - Oct 2, 2005 12:57 am - Voted 8/10

Untitled Comment

Not a bad page - of course it would have to be considering that everything but 2-3 sentences was copied directly from my pages : ) Nice pictures - I'm jealous you got this in before me.

gato

gato - Nov 20, 2005 11:20 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

nice work, good info and pics.

Fred Spicker

Fred Spicker - Mar 18, 2006 1:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Grading

Please see my comments on grading with regard to your Castle Rock Spire page.

Here you give a grading of "Class IV" - do you mean rock difficulty of UIAA IV? Or do you intend it to be YDS Class 4 - there is a huge difference.

If you are talking about the route that you posted, it is neither UIAA IV or YDS 4.

Again why give a European rating of PD - why not a YDS Grade of I.

And, again, you do not indicate what route you are talking about.

There are obviously more than one route on this mountain.

Viewing: 1-16 of 16
Return to 'Castle Mountain' main page