Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Nanuls

Nanuls - Jan 14, 2009 11:29 am - Voted 10/10

Great page!

Excellent work, I really dig the history stuff. Anyway, I've recommended you for the front page.

As a side note, you should make your external links live.

Cheers
Dan

musicman82

musicman82 - Jan 14, 2009 12:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great page!

Dan,
Thanks so much for the kind words and the recommendation! I have fixed the external links section - I had a feeling that I forgot something, but was too tired after working on it for six hours straight to be able to figure out what it was...
Best Wishes,
Tim

lcarreau

lcarreau - Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am - Voted 10/10

Fantastic page ...

I'm especially astonished by the beauty of the reservoir. It looks
as though it could really hold a lot of precious water.

Montana & Wyoming never seem to have water shortages, do they?
I have to journey up there some time to check out the area. NICE!

musicman82

musicman82 - Jan 14, 2009 1:51 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantasic page ...

Thanks! It is definitely a beautiful area in all seasons. I added a new section to the page with some information about the Dam and Reservoir, if you want some facts and figures. There have been years when the runoff hasn't been as good and the low level of the reservoir has been a cause for concern, but I haven't heard of that much recently.

musicman82

musicman82 - Jan 14, 2009 5:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: sweet page, history, etc.

Thank you for commenting!

distressbark

distressbark - Jan 19, 2009 10:52 am - Hasn't voted

interesting page

after a few long trips from Minneapolis to Yellowstone via Cody the past few summers, i have come to love the scenery west of Cody. knowing that i'm only an hour from the park, that beautiful reservoir and surrounding peaks lets me know that my journey was certainly worthwhile! maybe i'll stop for a quick hike next time through. thanks for the info.

musicman82

musicman82 - Jan 20, 2009 2:30 am - Hasn't voted

Re: interesting page

No problem - glad you enjoyed the page! It definitely is a beautiful area...
Tim

NavySeabee

NavySeabee - Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm - Voted 10/10

One of the best!

Tim -
I've visited hundreds of pages on Summitpost and this is one of the best I've seen. I'm probably biased since I grew up in Powell.
Peace,
Brian

musicman82

musicman82 - Jan 24, 2009 10:33 am - Hasn't voted

Re: One of the best!

Brian,
Thank you so much! If you haven't been up there already, we should take a morning and do it this summer when you're in town...
Best Wishes,
Tim

ywardhorner

ywardhorner - Apr 30, 2012 10:08 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome Page

Just wanted to comment that you've done a fantastic job on this. Cedar is one of my favorite hills and I do training hikes on it all the time. Great pics!

NavySeabee

NavySeabee - May 28, 2017 3:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Hike distance

Hey Tim -

Finally got a chance to hike to the summit, but found the mileage to be 3+ miles to the summit or 6+ round trip. Did I interpret your write-up wrong?

Best,
Brian

musicman82

musicman82 - Jul 18, 2017 5:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Hike distance

Hey Brian,
I thought I was pretty clear about the 1.5 miles being one way, but after reading it again I can see how what I said was confusing! I got it fixed - thanks for the heads up!

Viewing: 1-12 of 12
Return to 'Cedar Mountain' main page