Chez Folliex Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.13130°N / 6.45860°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike/Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Bonneville, follow the N203 for about 1.5 km in the direction of Annemasse and then turn right on to the D12. Go through Faucigny and a bit further on turn right on to the D20 to Saint-Jean-de-Tholome, Continue on towards Bovere, passing the hamlets of Chez Baron, Vers Chateau and Chez Folliex. after this last hamlet, turn left and stop a little higher up at the first bend (alt, 980m)

Route Description


From the bend a small wooden hut is visible about 50 meters uphill in the meadow. Take the grassy track which leads to it and continue on the good path beyond after about 20 minutes the track stops dead where it has become overgrown with trees from years of neglect. At this point you have to leave the designated path and go up and right to traverse the contours of Le Mole through the woodland on animal tracks a good map of the area is very helpful at this point. After 30 minutes the track comes out on to a broad Donkey track which zigzags very steeply up the side of the mountain. It then turns left and follows back on the woodland path that you traversed on but much higher up. Climb a steep slope to reach the Chalet’s d ‘Echitieux were the track ends. Turn right and head south to reach the Col Du Mole, continue beyond the Col and climb a grassy slope as far as a sort of flat area. From there one can go directly to the summit by following the path which rises up a very steep slope. Traverse to the right and follow the path which contors to the summit and the cross.

Essential Gear


a bottle of wine and some bread is what the locals take

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.