Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 40.65334°N / 111.67414°W
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 8707 ft / 2654 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Circle all Peak is just a popular view point south of Gobblers Knob. The peak, as they call it, by definition, is not a real peak. It's prominence is way less than 300 ft and it is a point on a ridge to a higher peak called Gobblers Knob. This is a nice place to view much of the Canyon, along with the higher peaks. This is an awesome peak to climb if you don't have much time. Doing this in the Winter might also be a fun challenge.

360 PanoramaFull Panorama

How to get there

The peak can be climbed from Butlers Fork.

To get to Butlers Fork basically go to Big Cottonwood Canyon. About 7-8 miles into the canyon, you'll see a small pullout to the north. Check the sign out and it will say "Butlers Fork".
Continue on the main trail.

After Half a mile, there is a junction. Take the trail that goes right. It will continue on Switchbacking up the mountain and you'll reach another junction. One of the trails will be going north, this will take you to Bakers Pass. The faint track that goes south will take you to Circle All Peak.

Red Tape

No fees, part of the Mount Olympus wilderness.
NO Littering,
NO DOGS - Watershed area.

Camping

probably not the perfect place to go camping, but its possible.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
JimmyJazz

JimmyJazz - Jun 25, 2014 1:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Butler Fork trail junction

At the junction 0.5 mile from the trailhead, you actually turn left to Circle All Peak, not right as written here. The right fork leads to Dog Lake.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.