Cirque de Troumousse Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Flachlandtiroler - Aug 16, 2016 5:03 am Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2016

Traverse Munia-Heid  Sucess!

Started from Troumousse parking at 6 o'clock and scaled Munia first. The entrance couloir was full of hard snow, managed to bypasss it at the right side. Above is a small slab to be traversed: Easy as only little inclined, but not much holds.
Between col and summit the "pas du chat" is another slab, which can also be climbed in one of the cracks therein or simple one drags the fixed rope...

Very clear view from Pic de la Munia including several vultures circling above the cirque.

Avoided rappel from Sierra Morena by downclimbing; the only "difficult" move is on the last (bottom) meters. The ridge afterwards becomes airy albeit easy and I enjoyed this section very much.

Later I missed the correct exit under Pic Gerbrats and ended on the northern ante-summit of Pic Gerbrats, needing two rappels (belay at a rope-sling after 20m + 25m) to re-gain easy hiking terrain.

While the descent from Col de la Sede was well marked, the path returning to the parking was not that striking, as the whole area is full of cows and their traces. Full round-trip was nine hours.

visentin

visentin - Aug 29, 2008 6:18 am Date Climbed: Sep 9, 1999

Pic de Bouneu  Sucess!

http://h.visentin.free.fr/pyrenees/gabiedou.html

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Cirque de Troumousse' main page