Classical Route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.29000°N / 19.54000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: T3, Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Route: Vusanje (1060 m) - Zarunica (1240 m)(T2) 1h - Grlata (1810 m)(T2) 2h - Preslopit Pass (2130 m)(T3) 1h - Dobra Kolata Peak (2528 m)(T3) 2h - Zla Kolata (2534 m)(T3) 30 min

High difference: 1474 m
Lenght: 12 km
Duration: 6.30 h
Marked trail


Route Description


Route start from Gusinje town. The village of Vusanje (1060 m) is in the Ropojana Valley, by a narrow asphalt lane. The beginning of this trail is at an army barracks. From there go east, ascending through the little village of Zarunica, to the Grlata katun (shepherd hut), by the carriage road. Continue on the pasture trail south towards the start of the lower Preslopit Pass (2130 m), entering the narrow gorge. By either side of this passage is the upper part of Preslopit. From there go toward the distant yet recognizable trapezoid form, through the Double Pass (2430 m) which is located at the foot of Kolata - Dobra Kolata & Zla Kolata. From there, the ascent goes along dangerous steep, exposed and grassy slopes, to easier terrain of grassy steppes and rocky plates. From Kolata (2528 m) summit, use the ridge on the Albanian territory, easily passing to the Zla Kolata (Kolata e Keq, 2534 m), which is 6 m higher. Those two peaks are the highest peaks of Montenegro.


Essential Gear


In summer time you need usual gear, while in winter or in early&late spring you must have crampons and ice axe.


Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.