Clear Winter Day At Camp Muir

Clear Winter Day At Camp Muir

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing, Hiking, Scenery, Panorama

A Rare Clear Winter Day On Camp Muir

Usually 4800 feet of elevation gain and no real summit attained results in a disappointing day. But today was a training day as well as a confidence day. I really wanted just to see how ready I was to hit the bigger mountains in the summer and how much training I really needed. From what I saw I needed a lot more training but at least I got up to Camp Muir successfully. The weather was unbelievable from bottom to top. I was also very fortunate to be with a great group of fellow climbers. I got some of my best pictures ever on this day and I am thankful to have gotten out to enjoy such a special day.

Here are some of the highlight pictures of the trip...

Mount Rainier with sun shadows
Looking back toward Rainier while descending from Camp Muir. My personal favorite of the trip.


Looking up Rainier
Looking up toward Rainier from Camp Muir.


Rising up Muir Snowfield
Looking back as we rise closer to Camp Muir.


Rainier ahead of us
Mount Rainier as we start our trip to Camp Muir.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
BearQueen

BearQueen - Apr 7, 2013 2:38 am - Voted 10/10

Amazing Snow Photos

I am catching up with all of your mountains and photos and plan on reading about two or three or day to catch up with all of them. You are amazing, and have done a lot of amazing and great writing as well as showing your unstoppable, passionate, and deep love for the mountains.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1