Climbing in the Dörenther Klippen

Climbing in the Dörenther Klippen

Rock: Plisseetal.
Jurgen
on May 20, 2008 6:36 am
Image ID: 405214

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4

Flachlandtiroler - May 10, 2010 5:07 am - Hasn't voted

Schusterplatte

Suppose the guy looks so happy, because he's going to reach the first bolt (after ten meters) ;-)

Jurgen

Jurgen - May 12, 2010 1:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Schusterplatte

Could be, but I'm not sure. The first ten meters are really easy and very enjoyable, so why thinking about clipping bolts?

Flachlandtiroler - Jun 27, 2010 4:17 pm - Hasn't voted

Schusterplatte

The route is rated III (i.e. very easy). If someone - a beginner e.g. - is capable only of climbing this difficulty, the route is *very* scary.
For all others they also could have saved the single bolt.

When I visited that area in early spring, the rock at the beginning of the schusterplatte was slippery, sandy and full of herbal residues. Elsewhere it was dry and offered good friction, but not at the beginning of this "beginner" route. Ok., we did it, but for beginners...

It's a frequent phenomenon in the so-called "classic" climbing areas: The easy stuff has never been rebolted, whereas the difficult (new) routes require amounts of quickdraws...

Martin

Jurgen

Jurgen - Jun 29, 2010 3:53 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Schusterplatte

You're right. It's not really fair to beginners... But what's the best alternative? Rebolting all the routes? Or remove the bolts from the more diffucult routes to have one 'standard'?

Viewing: 1-4 of 4