climbing zuckerhutl

climbing zuckerhutl

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 46.96430°N / 11.15380°E
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 3, 2002
I climbed the zuckerhutl this year with a mountaineering course from the dutch alpine club. We made the ascent from the hildesheimer hutte, which takes 3,5 / 4 hours to get to the summit, and about 2 / 3 hours to descend. we had pretty nice weather, though it was cloudy sometimes. The first part is normal and pretty easy rock walking, with small parts of snow and some steep meters. after 1 hour we reached a major snow field ( at approx. 3000 meters high ) where we were going on rope, and used our pickels. after another hour of walking, we reached a "joch ", which we crossed, and we followed the snowfield for another while. From the joch, we followed the normal route ( same route as from dresdner hutte ). We stopped before the last part, where we put our cramps on, and after that we made the final part of the ascent, which meant some walking in snow/ice with cramps, and some rock climbing with cramps. at 11:30 am, we reached the summit. we followed the same route back. It's a nice ascent, but lots of people, soit might be crowded in july and august.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

ZuckerhuetlTrip Reports