Cool Creek Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 45.26420°N / 121.8756°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

See the Getting There section of the main page for directions to the trailhead.

Route Description

The trail launches up pretty steeply at first for about 500 feet of elevation to the first real flat spot. Continue traveling up through rhodies, firs and cedar forests along the trail to the first real viewpoint at 3000 feet. From here the trail climbs much more gradually southward before veering southwest and crossing two small streams. At about 3300 feet the trail veers southeast and up to the north ridge. The trail skirts the ridge on the west side for a bit before finally getting up onto it at about 4300 feet. Follow the ridge to the summit. Descend the same way or if you can arrange a car shuttle, there are the other two trail options down as well.

Essential Gear

None needed.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.