Page Type Page Type: Trailhead
Location Lat/Lon: 40.43078°N / 105.50042°W
Additional Information County: Larimer
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 7820 ft / 2384 m

Overview

Cow Creek TrailheadCow Creek Trailhead.

Cow Creek Trailhead provides access to Cow Creek, Dark Mountain, and North Boundary Trails on the east side of Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado.

The historical McGraw Ranch resides at the trailhead. Many of the buildings at the ranch were originally constructed in the late 1800's and have been restored. Informational displays inform visitors about the history of the ranch.

Driving Directions

From Denver/Boulder, take US 36 north to the town of Estes Park. From the intersection of US 36 and US 34 in Estes Park, take Wonderview Ave. north for 0.4 miles to MacGregor Ave. Drive north on MacGregor Ave. for 0.7 miles, where the road turns abruptly east (and the name changes to Devils Gulch Rd.). Drive northeast on Devils Gulch Rd for 2.8 miles. Turn north onto McGraw Ranch Road (dirt). Stay on McGraw Ranch Road for 2.2 miles to the trailhead.

Parallel parking only is provided on the west side of McGraw Ranch Road near (but not at) the trailhead.

Amenities

Camping is not allowed at the trailhead, nor is drinking water available. There are no toilets.