Creta di Mimoias

Creta di Mimoias

Creta di Mimoias as seen from Forcella Paradara. The normal route goes up through those pines on the right ( short passage around the first degree ) and then straight to the summit on the big grassy slope.
ganesh70
on Jul 10, 2009 5:20 am
Image ID: 528307

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 11, 2009 4:57 am - Hasn't voted

Thos pics make my mouth water

I'll be in Sesto in September planning to do a few tours in the southern Carnic Alps. Can't wait!

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jul 11, 2009 7:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thos pics make my mouth water

Great! This Creta di Mimoias is not much known but really deserves to be climbed, in my opinion it could be one of the best first choices of this group. Anyway I'll post the page in the next days, so you will know something more about it.
If you come in this area we can organize something toghether, maybe with Vid also if he's not busy.
Ciao!!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 12, 2009 2:32 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thos pics make my mouth water

Idea is good. I#m wondering whether I'd be able to climb Terza Grande. The guidebook claims its fairly straightforward but for a chimney at the end. Chiadenis would be another option. And many others ...

ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jul 12, 2009 4:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thos pics make my mouth water

Ok, see you in september.
Terza Grande is long but easy ( there are only 3/4 meters of the I+ degree just before the summit, but not exposed ), no problems for you.
Pic Chiadenis is slightly more difficult, with some exposed passages of the I degree but can also be climbed by expert hikers. Monte Chiadenis can be reached only by via ferrata, easy from west and much more demanding from south-east.
If you're looking for a good panoramic point in that area I think Monte Lastroni is one of the best options: easy to climb, fantastic view to the famous twin lakes of Olbe but also of all the southern carnic alps, of the dolomiti and of the carnic main chain, impressive rests of WWI...
The route for Creta Forata also is spectacular.
Ciao!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 15, 2009 12:35 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thos pics make my mouth water

Hi guys! Thanks for invitation! I'll do everything to be able to come :)

Viewing: 1-5 of 5