Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Bill Reed

Bill Reed - Oct 8, 2008 8:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent page!!

Thanks Martin. Great info and photos! Hope to see it in person soon.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Oct 8, 2008 8:46 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Excellent page!!

Many thanks Bill. Bring along your best navigation skills and prepare to get intimate with the biomass. All worth it though.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 8, 2008 8:47 pm - Hasn't voted

Incredible Work

You are an asset to Summit Post. It's great to see all the material you have been working on lately.

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Oct 8, 2008 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Incredible Work

Thanks Adam. No effort is wasted when it's appreciated so much.

There's a summit pano in there too - just for you!! Pity that the air wasn't clearer but better than no vis at all. The day after we got back it rained like the blazes.

lcarreau

lcarreau - Oct 8, 2008 10:04 pm - Voted 10/10

EH ??

Crown Mountain really takes the crown! The views must be out of
this world, especially on clear days. Outstanding work, Martin!!!

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Oct 8, 2008 10:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: EH ??

Many thanks Larry. Only the air clarity on the summit marred a perfect trip. I'll trade that for the weather we had however.

Nanuls

Nanuls - Oct 10, 2008 6:39 am - Voted 10/10

Wonderful

Another wonderful piece, I especially like the historical background you’ve written about; it adds a depth to the mountain, which to me, is as important as its geology, geomorphology and topographical character. Bravo!

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Oct 10, 2008 3:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Wonderful

Thanks Dan. In Crown's case the history is so important that it would have been gross neglect to omit it. I would be justifiably worthy of considerable rebuke by somone using my page to climb the mountain and finding out later that he/she had been somewhere of such import without knowing it. Not - at 16 recorded ascents in 22 years - that this would apply to too many but you never know.

One of those 16, by the way, was a day trip!!!!! I should put this fact in the page I think.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - Oct 12, 2008 8:31 pm - Voted 10/10

very complete

where do you find the time for such a thorough work?

vancouver islander

vancouver islander - Oct 13, 2008 12:29 am - Hasn't voted

Re: very complete

...retirement. Truly a wonderful institution. Hope to bring you many more pages on the Island courtesy of the same.

Cheers,

Martin

Viewing: 1-10 of 10
Return to 'Crown Mountain' main page