Crystal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.58860°N / 105.6428°W
Additional Information Route Type: Steep Snow
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3 Steep Snow
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From the Summit Lake trailhead, climb southwest to the Summit Lake Bowl, to do this you have to ascend a class 2 hill.

Route Description


From the basin follow a narrow couloir to the right of the summit cliffs, continue to just below the summit cliff. To you right you will se a narrow chute, climb thischute all the way to the ridge, the route becomes quite steep. If the snow does not continue to the ridge scramble up the steep talus, be careful not to send rocks screaming down this chute. There are often ski tracks in this route, this will help you find your way. Start early, and know how to self arrest to perfection. *For later in the season, the snow turns to ice so for that a ice tool may be helpful. The Crystal rises about 900 feet.

Essential Gear


Helmet, Ice Axe, and Crampons

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.