Danube Bend encounters

Danube Bend encounters

Page Type Page Type: Album

October encounters on the Danube Bend

One hour drive from Budapest city to the North and North-west takes you to the area of special beauty filled with idyllic landscapes and historical spirit.
It is the area where the Danube - the greatest and longest river of the Western Europe suddenly turns its run from the eastern direction to the southern one.
It curves near the town of Visegrad surrounded by picturesque forest slopes of Transdanubian and North Hungarian mountain ranges.

The so called "Danube Bend" (Hun: Dunakanyar)is often considered as one of the most beautiful segments of the great river and with all historical sites located nearby such as: medieval Visegrad fortress or Esztergom's old town with castle & cathedral hill etc. remains a popular tourist destination.

The day after whole spiritual delight of Dead Can Dance's gig that took place in Hungarian capital, the brilliant day after was an extreme surprise for me and amazing complement of the non-planned excursion. Several hours in full sunshine spent on hiking to Predikaloszek mountain and sightseeing around Visegrad and Szentendre towns. The whole thing could have succeeded only thanks to hospitality of my Budapestian friend Peter(SP Peterbud) who I can always count on. Evening time caught me in golden lights of Budapest city centre, the next morning on the Danube again in impressive Esztergom, crossing the river to the North via famous Maria Valeria bridge and heading to Carpathians and Tatras then... what a time!

Thank you again Peter for your time, guiding and great companionship, thanks to which I keep only good memories from your sunny homeland!

Tomek

Visegrad and Pilis mountains, Danube Bend, Hungary, 18-19th October 2012

lodowy.pl

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
peterbud

peterbud - Jan 8, 2013 3:40 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks

for posting your pics, Tomek. Mine are still to follow, but they're in the queue... :-)

Viewing: 1-1 of 1