Days Fork

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 40.60100°N / 111.6454°W
Additional Information Route Type: Skiing
Seasons Season: Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Days Fork is nesteled between Silver Fork and Mill D South. This fork is not the most popular way to climb Mount Flagstaff but makes a great ski day. There are a variety of runs to choose from, all of which are somewhat advanced in nature. This Fork is quite easily approached from Alta and is worth your while if you want to get a couple of laps in a day.
Skin route for Days ForkDays Fork skin route

Getting Up There

Little Cottonwood Canyon- To find the trail head look for the Alta Police Station and start heading up hill.
Oingo BoingoOingo Boingo


Big Cottonwood Canyon- You can start from the Spruces campground in Big Cottonwood Canyon and start the long skin up but why tourcher yourself.

Decent Route Descriptions

There are many runs to choose from in Days Fork............

1. Oingo Boingo- This run is north facing and its located just off of the top ridge line around the center of the fork. Its considered a somewhat short line, but its steepness can make up for this.
Two Dogs Slide PathSkiing the Two Dogs Slide Path


2. Two Dog Slide Path- This run is the first one tourers see once they have gained the top Days Fork from Alta. Sometimes there's a skin track in the tree's on the skiers left of the main run but I wouldn't count on it. On a powder day take this run for what it is worth and move on.
Main DaysMain Days


3. Main Days Main Days is not only one of the best runs in Days Fork it is also one of the most popular runs here. Heli skiers and other ski tourers can tear this place apart but if you can make the effort it will be worth your while. If you do ski Main Days you might want to stick to the skiers right. This is steeper and usually holds the better snow.
Days DrawDays Draw
[img:508691:alignright:medium:Main Days]














4. Days Draw- Easier to acess from Spruces (Big Cottonwood) and worth your while if your in the area. The route up Days Draw is to find the path of least resistance and follow the trees. There are many decent lines to choose from once at the top and all are worth skiing.
[img:508692:aligncenter:medium:Days Draw]

Essential Gear

Avalanche skills, beacon, probe, partner, shovel and common sence. Skis are highly recommended.