Dean on our return hike with...

Dean on our return hike with...

Dean on our return hike with Watch Lake below.
Bob Bolton
on Dec 14, 2003 8:42 pm
Image ID: 35728

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Dean

Dean - Dec 14, 2003 9:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Grizzly bear country

That is one thing that kept us both alert during our time in this area. They had a sign on the entry gate 6 miles from the TH that said the area was closed from August 15th on for "Grizzly Bear and Caribou habitat protection"

My question is, who's going to protect the hikers from the Grizzly bears the rest of the year?

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Dec 14, 2003 9:34 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Grizzly bear country

Dean failed to mention that he brought his 44 Magnum and let me carry it in the outer pocket of my pack. It might have slowed down one of the critters anyway??

Dean

Dean - Dec 14, 2003 9:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Grizzly bear country

Actually, I think you wanted to carry it so you could feel like the "Clint Eastwood of the mountains" You may remember that I gave you any of my food or water anytime you asked for it (as long as you were carrying that big hog leg) 44 mags are only good for marmots that are eating your boots or pack. They just bounce off them big Grizz's.

Klenke

Klenke - Dec 14, 2003 9:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Grizzly bear country

You might find this an interesting read concerning grizzlies. I'm not going to post here the link to the extremely gruesome picture of a half-eaten human body, as mentioned in the article. If you want to see it, send me a private email.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4