Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Michael Graupe

Michael Graupe - Aug 24, 2009 3:09 pm - Voted 10/10

Great report

It made me relive my own suffering to get Deerhorn and Caltech on the same day. I did take University Pass on the way back, and did get caught in the dark about half way between University Pass and Robinson Lake. Talus hopping by headlamp, very exhausted ... slow going and not much fun.

seano

seano - Aug 24, 2009 7:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Thanks for the vote

I probably could have made it to Robinson Lake if not for my little ridge adventure, but it would not have been fun. Did you drop down the west side of Deerhorn and over Harrison Pass, or over that heinous saddle between it and Stanford?

Michael Graupe

Michael Graupe - Aug 25, 2009 4:16 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Thanks for the vote

The west side of Deerhorn looked much too risky to me and I didn't know which chute was the class 4 one. So I dropped back down the NE buttress, went over the heinous looking saddle and down the other side in the hope to pick up the trail over Harrison Pass which was shown on the map. Except that there was no trail and getting up to Harrison Pass was no fun at all. I should have gone over the summit of Stanford as you did.

Princess Buttercup

Princess Buttercup - Aug 24, 2009 3:35 pm - Voted 9/10

Nice Work if you can Find it!

I loved the conversation with yourself. How many times do we all do that, tricking our bodies into one more big UP, one more traverse, one more anything. The amazing thing is how it will respond, time and again. Kept me smiling all the way along...

seano

seano - Aug 24, 2009 7:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Climbin' ain't easy, but it's necessary...

Yep, I (fortunately) fall for it every time. Though I've been more successful tricking myself into moving than smiling.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Deerhorn, Stanford, and Caltech in a day' main page