Delano

Delano

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

Delano Peak

The last two days, we have bagged Mount Ellen, Mount Ellen Peak, and Mine Camp Peak. We made really good time, and decided to give Delano peak a go.

We traveled from Richfield to Beaver, and went up to Big John Flat. We continued up the road a bit further and parked at Poison Spring, where Delano Peak is only 1.5 miles away.

Delano is a 'Two-fer", the highpoints of both Beaver and Piute counties sitting at 12,173'

We followed the valley up to the saddle, where we spotted about a dozen mountain goats.

Up the valley a bit, we decided to change our route and go up to the ridge through a break in the cliffs. It was a scramble, but the kids did okay, enjoying climbing up the talus.

Once we were up on the ridge, it was easier, not being as steep, and our speed picked up.

It wasn't to long before we could see the summit.

Kory is getting the summit register. Behind him is the ski resort where the book 'High in Utah' tells you where to start the 12 mile hike.

On the way down, we decided to circle around and take our origional plan down. On our way down, we stopped to let the kids play in the snow. How often can you play in snow, in the middle of August?

The break in the cliffs was our route up to the ridge.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.