Desolation Crest Traverse

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Aug 19, 2006
Activities Activities: Scrambling
Seasons Season: Summer

Desolation Crest Traverse

Yu Kuwabara and I traversed the Desolation Crest Saturday in 12 hours. The route was 16 miles, +7000'/-7700'. We left Bayview-->Maggie's Pass-->Dick's Pass-->Dick's Peak-->dropped below ridge to refill water at lake below Dick's, -->Jack's Peak-->Mosquito Pass-->ridge west of Mt. Price-->Ridge traverse of Price, Aggassiz, and Pyramid, including all intervening peaklets.-->down Horesetail falls trail. Very nice, though sections of the Price->Aggasiz ridge were spicy 4th in places, with one or two particularly high exposure sections. West of Price I remember being the most challenging.

Dick's Peak
08-19-06_1032

Looking up the Slabs of Insanity.
IMGP8490

From N.Ridge Mt.Price looking South
IMGP8491

Yu on the lunch ledge beneath the summit block of Agassiz.
IMGP8493

N.Ridge of Pyramid from peaklet between Agassiz and Pyramid.
IMGP8497

The incredible view of the Aloha Lakes
IMGP8498


Highway 50 / Twin Bridges, 7:30 pm. Look how happy I am.

IMGP8500

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
cdog

cdog - Aug 30, 2009 12:34 am - Hasn't voted

revisit

my friend Charles and I hiked this burly route last Friday, Aug 21 2009. Pretty good hike! Maggies-Jacks-Dicks-slabs-Price-Agassiz-Pyramid. Everything went smooth, and we opted for the direct bushwhack attack down the southeast ridge to SR-50.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1