Dihedrals Comments

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
rhyang

rhyang - Apr 7, 2007 9:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Cool !

I grew up in the area, but at the time had no idea about rock climbing. What kind of rock are the formations ?

It might also help folks to note the guidebook(s) to the area.

Bob Sihler

Bob Sihler - Apr 7, 2007 10:06 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Cool !

I appreciate your feedback and encouragement. It really is a cool area when it's not swarming with people.

I did note a climbing guide in the main section. Tomorrow I'll make a link for it either to my review for it or to Amazon. And I'll read up a bit on the rock and see what I can add about that.

Where around here did you grow up? I've lived in Herndon and Reston since 1977. HUGE changes since then.

rhyang

rhyang - Apr 8, 2007 12:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Cool !

Oh, I see your reference to the guidebook now. Sorry about that.

My family moved to the area in '73, just outside the beltway in Springfield. I graduated from high school in '84 and moved away basically when I went off to college, though I did spend one or two summers back home and visited on and off afterwards ... I think the last time I was in northern Virginia was '94, and it was way different even then. Can't even imagine how it is now. Brings back memories !

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Dihedrals' main page