Dinara Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-20 of 20

Czarny1975 - Aug 24, 2020 12:29 am Date Climbed: Sep 7, 2010

Dinara Climb  Sucess!

Nice walk to the summit with some rocks on the way

jck

jck - Sep 30, 2019 11:49 pm Date Climbed: Sep 28, 2019

Glavas  Sucess!

Took the classic route from Glavas. Went up along the ridge and back down by the ordinary route. Both trails well marked.

atavist

atavist - Nov 7, 2018 3:09 am Date Climbed: Oct 26, 2018

Tranquil day in Dinara  Sucess!

Solo from the train station.

bobbyfm

bobbyfm - Sep 14, 2017 5:58 am Date Climbed: Sep 7, 2017

Glavas route  Sucess!

An easy and enjoyable hike despite the rain showers during the whole day. There is a new hut at the beginning of the route with a well next to it and a few benches and tables nearby. We slept in our tents near the hut - it's allowed to use tents only near the huts and the shelters in Dinara mountain.

rgg

rgg - Oct 13, 2016 3:49 am Date Climbed: Aug 11, 2016

Foggy on top  Sucess!

The summit was in the clouds, and it was a chilly too. Further down it was sunny and warm.

justahiker

justahiker - Jul 14, 2014 5:43 pm Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2014

Great hike from Guge Village!  Sucess!

Nice easy ascent from Knin town and Guge village, over Brezovac Mountain Hut. Relatively easy hike and very rewarding views from the top.
The trail is very well marked from this side and very easy to follow.

VirtualMountains

VirtualMountains - Jul 12, 2014 5:36 pm Date Climbed: Aug 17, 2010

Ascent from Glavas  Sucess!

A solo ascent of Croatia's highest mountain. Started late in the morning having driven south from Rijeka that morning, and gone shopping for provisions in the city if Knin.

Parked near the bus shelter below the hamlet of Glavas and followed the red and white way-markers past the ruined fortress, and up through the Pekasova Valley into a limestone landscape reminiscent of the Yorkshire Dales. Reaching the summit after skirting the rim of an impressively large crater.

A bright sunny day, with no sightings of snakes or landmine, I had been warned about both. See 360° panoramic tour at http://www.virtualmountains.co.uk/dinara.

bruno baschung

bruno baschung - Jun 7, 2014 7:23 am Date Climbed: May 24, 2014

glavac route  Sucess!

Normal Glavac route. The climb is quite long (approx 1300m) but always easy and very well marked. Take plenty of water. Not advisable when being very hot.

Good idea to spend the night either camping at the trail head, or there's quite a confortable and cheap acciomodation (approx 25 euro / night) at Ivan, 5 km east of the crossroad leading to Dinara trail (on main road going in direction to Split). Thus, in 10 mn driving you can start from trailhead.

Interesting to notice meteorit crater on the way to summit (at approx 1600/1650m you can see it on the left side of the trail).

Bruno baschung

SzaniUherkovich

SzaniUherkovich - Jun 23, 2013 9:24 am Date Climbed: Jun 19, 2013

On the peak at 8:45 am  Sucess!

I wanted to start early, in order to avoid heat on the summit and to return to my family early who stayed at a seaside pansion. I woke up at 2:50. I was at the trailhead (Glavas) at 5:30. I walked up to the peak relatively quickly on the well marked route, and I was on the summit at 8:45. And I was back at the car at 11:15. I didn't meet a single person.

highpointa - Jun 18, 2013 10:24 pm Date Climbed: Sep 10, 2011

From Glavas  Sucess!

Hiked this from the village of Glavas, accompanied by a local dog who "guided" us all the way from the trailhead to the summit.

Andrew Rankine

Andrew Rankine - Jun 1, 2013 1:13 pm Date Climbed: Jun 1, 2013

Cold and wet  Sucess!

I hiked the peak with my dad. Started from Glavas and climbed Glavas route. It was very wet and my feet (and everything else) got soaked. Once on the ridge there was 3-6 inches of snow and it was snowing and a bit windy. I expected pleasant Mediterranean weather, not to lose feeling in fingers and toes! Got to the highpoint and got off the ridge as quick as possible. Also to note is I still have all my limbs after this hike, even with some off-trail hiking. There are shepards who live and walk here so I am not worried about mines. Also there was a tour bus of 42 people on the mountain the same day... Not a lonely mountain for us.

Frostvin

Frostvin - Jun 2, 2012 5:05 pm Date Climbed: Jun 10, 2011

Long day...  Sucess!

Up one side and down the other, great hike!

darien17

darien17 - Apr 9, 2012 10:02 am Date Climbed: Apr 22, 2011

Route Climbed:From Mirkovici normal trail-Sinjal  Sucess!

Started our climb from Mirkovici by normal marked trail but it was realy hard to find marks because they are so old and its very hard to find real way,it was realy long climb we needed around 5h and also it was realy realy hot even in middle of april,descended by "Yogurt Path"

NardiSt

NardiSt - Jul 28, 2011 6:42 am Date Climbed: Aug 8, 2010

Glavas route  Sucess!

I have solo ascent, and descent in company of friend Ivica Buljevic and his 7 year old son Ante "Mali planinar". Very hot summer day! Early morning ascent and lot of water necessary! Silver badge of "HPO-croatian mountaineering tour" (Dinara and 50 Croatian peaks)

doppelsieben

doppelsieben - Jul 18, 2011 1:09 pm Date Climbed: Jul 11, 2011

Dinara  Sucess!

the difficulty level of the mountain was average to me, and even if i ve reached the top at 7am, it was quite hot on my backway down (i ve started bout 4am). so i guess better to start early to avoid the midday heat during the summer season. the paths is well marked and easy to follow (i ve chosen the route from glavas). i couldnt find any source or drinkable water on my way. btw the view from the top is beatiful! 8/10

Joerg Marretsch

Joerg Marretsch - May 24, 2010 5:54 am Date Climbed: May 22, 2010

Glavas route  Sucess!

Nice hike at a lonely montain. Over 1400 m elevation i was hiking through the clouds. Strong and really cold wind at the summit ridge. No views to the landscape. 3 hrs to the summit

Branko

Branko - May 18, 2009 3:39 am Date Climbed: May 1, 2009

Route Climber: Glavaš route  Sucess!

We started from Glavaš village along the old fortress and Martinova košara shelter strait to the summit. The wind was strong and constant throughout the hole day. We descended to Brezovac mountain hut, over the Duler meadow, where we stayed over the night. Next day we decided to climb also beautiful Badanj peak, before our return to the valley. Great mountain and great experiance!

Dziku

Dziku - May 26, 2008 3:26 am Date Climbed: May 2, 2008

Dessert  Sucess!

Day no. 7 of exciting trip - Dinara.
After Midzor, Deravica and Kolata - Dinara was over plan.

Sinisa Pocrnic

Sinisa Pocrnic - Jan 22, 2007 4:55 pm Date Climbed: Jan 21, 2007

Mirkovici - Sinjal  Sucess!

Starting point was Mirkovici village...from there we have opted to take the so-called and famous "Yogurt path", which is marked by the plastic parts of yogurt cups. It makes one wonder about the ecological side of marking the mountain trail with plastic markings...on the other side, the path is wonderful and beautifully direct. It goes steeply upwards, as if the original trail-breaker sought the steepest sections and decided to mark them. Path leads through the area of many a fallen tree, remnants of the forest fires. Two places require some rock climbing skills (an easy 3 scramble). The ridge remains yet a mystery to me, as the dense fog descended upon us on the last moments of the ascent. Return was done via normal marked trail to Mirkovici.

bgolub

bgolub - Aug 24, 2005 11:12 am

Route Climbed: Glavas route Date Climbed: 23. May 2005  Sucess!

My first time to visit Croatia highest mountain.

Viewing: 1-20 of 20
Return to 'Dinara' main page