Dinwoody Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
guerinak

guerinak - May 28, 2020 10:28 pm

Solo trip  Sucess!

Climbed in between thunder storms. Great fun and easy climb from Titcomb basin!

summitascender

summitascender - Jan 11, 2014 2:26 am

On the way to Gannett  Sucess!

As a peakbagger, it's a must do stop-over when climbing Gannett...

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Oct 27, 2013 9:47 pm Date Climbed: Aug 22, 1997

It is a 13er  Sucess!

I had climbed Fremont two days before and I had moved my camp up above Mistake Lake. I went up to the pass and went up to the summit of Dinwoody and was blown away by the view. That same day a woman had broken her leg on Fremont and the next day a helicopter rescue happened and my campsite was above the staging area and the chopper dropped of some rescuers straigh up above me. Cell phones were not the norm then, but someone had one and the Fremont S&R team had been called. It was a dramatic way to finish that years trip into the winds. I had looked over at Gannett from Dinwoody and wanted it bad, so I did return the next year to summit the Wyoming highpoint. Good times.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Oct 19, 2013 7:28 am Date Climbed: Jun 30, 1979

Before the Winds were popular ...  Sucess!

Had the whole Titcomb Valley to myself on a gorgeous weekend. This peak was a the highlight of a 4-day ramble from Elkhart Park. Bob has described it well. Returned in Sept '79 with Lionel K.

byates

byates - Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm

Good limited weather windo option

Weather was deteriorating on our way to Gannett from Titcomb, decided we had time to do Dinwoody. We then went to the other side of the pass and Climbed Miriam also, worth adding if your in the neighborhood.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Dinwoody Peak' main page