Dirtybox Peak Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
triyoda

triyoda - Jun 25, 2023 12:13 pm Date Climbed: Jun 21, 2023

Peakbagger's Peak  Sucess!

Fairly fun scramble with some light bushwhacking. This is the actual "peak" on this ridge, despite its relative obscurity, so this is the one if you are a dirt(ybox) bag peakbagger.

markhadland@gmail.com

markhadland@gmail.com - May 1, 2021 12:14 pm Date Climbed: Apr 18, 2021

Box Ridge Traverse Attempt  Sucess!

Successful summit while attempting traverse of the Box Ridge - Mailbox Peak to Dirty Harrys Peak

Boonie1

Boonie1 - Jun 23, 2014 12:20 am Date Climbed: Jun 22, 2014

Dirtybox Peak  Sucess!

Mailbox - Dirtybox ridge scramble/bushwhack (mostly the south side). In the 80s and hot. It was nice to get in the ridgeline trees and shade on Dirtybox to cool off a little.

EastKing

EastKing - Jul 22, 2012 4:33 am Date Climbed: Jul 21, 2012

Not my favorite  Sucess!

Never much fun to go 4500 feet and for a view of fog! There are good views on a clear day along the ridge, but if it is foggy don't waste the extra effort. The scrambling is not bad here but the bushwhacking is not fun at all. You will get dirty on this mountain.

Redwic

Redwic - May 2, 2009 5:53 pm Date Climbed: May 2, 2009

What a workout!!!  Sucess!

Mailbox Peak is a great conditioning hike... but traversing from that peak to Dirtybox Peak, as I did today by following the crest of the West Defiance Ridge, takes the conditioning to a whole new level. A lot of Class III scrambling on the ridgeline between the two peaks, but also a lot of views. I was the first person on Mailbox and Dirtybox today, and also the first person back to the parking area.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Dirtybox Peak' main page