Dome Mountain A Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ajberry

ajberry - Jun 27, 2017 10:25 am Date Climbed: Jun 24, 2017

With Tower and Dome  Sucess!

Up Hematite Gulch, on to Macomber, round to Tower, and then the traverse to Dome, involving a drop down into Cataract Basin. N ridge of Dome not as bad as it looks. Down via NE ridge of Dome and out via S Fork Animas trail.

SarahThompson

SarahThompson - Jul 25, 2016 2:25 pm Date Climbed: May 22, 2009

With Macomber Pk & Tower Mountain  Sucess!

Late spring hike on a day of unsettled weather. Did a loop over Macomber, Tower & Dome from the south. Cataract Gulch is so named for a reason; we descended it and had to find our way through sketchy cliff bands.

chicagotransplant

chicagotransplant - Jul 13, 2016 12:30 pm Date Climbed: May 27, 2012

Eureka Basin Tour  Sucess!

First time 5/27/12: Camped in Eureka Gulch, followed the south fork of the Animas to Dome Mtn's north ridge, then over to Tower, East Storm, Proposal, Emery and Bonita before following the Eureka road and some bushwhacking back to our camp. Long loop, but a rewarding day!
Second 7/4/20: North ridge up and northeast ridge down with Kevin, Sarah, Shawn, and Amanda. Started to rain our way down and was pretty wet in the valley. 4WD road leading to the trailhead is flooded, avy debris from 2019 diverted the creek into the road. Not an issue for a stock Xterra but would be cautious in high runoff.

Liba Kopeckova

Liba Kopeckova - Jul 12, 2016 10:39 pm Date Climbed: Jul 12, 2016

Nice hike  Sucess!

Solo hike from Eureka Gulch Rd., McCarthy Gulch, and then northeast ridge up and north ridge down. Nice wildflowers.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Dome Mountain A' main page