Double Point Comments

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
surgent

surgent - Jan 31, 2008 9:04 am - Voted 10/10

Nice 'low' peak

I was in the region as a kid and remembered it being 'neat'. I hope you don't get dinged for posting a peak lower than 500 feet elevation, but even the little ones have their moments, too. Nice page!

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jan 31, 2008 10:02 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice 'low' peak

Thanks! It is a "neat" area, in my opinion. One of the few wilderness coastlines in the Lower48. I hope I don't get dinged too. I figured it was close enough to 500 that I might squeeze it in. Plus, when you are on the summit, it feels a lot higher, since it climbing straight out of sea level.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jan 31, 2008 5:48 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Been to Sinkyone?

I have been up there a few times. I was backpacking on the Lost Coast trail a while back when I encountered a guy with a full pack, a deep sea fishing pole and a surfboard strapped to his pack. He had spent a week on a wilderness surfing trip. Backpacking to go surfing...it does not get more California than that.

Sinkyone is a state park. Just to the north is the King Range National Conservation Area:

www.summitpost.org/area/range/154421/lost-coast-wilderness-and-kings-range.html

It is all worth a trip though. Of course, I am addicted to your neck of the woods. I can't get enough of the southwest.

surgent

surgent - Feb 1, 2008 4:14 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Been to Sinkyone?

Of course, I am addicted to your neck of the woods. I can't get enough of the southwest.

I am too... and addicted to every neck of the woods. I would love to just bum around the NorCal coast, Oregon and Wash (and BC, etc) to climb peaks, hike canyons, camp, get lost for a summer. I huiess I'll just have to make do with all the great desert peaks and our high country. Sigh :)

theronmoon

theronmoon - Jan 31, 2008 9:17 am - Hasn't voted

Great Page!

Love Point Reyes! Can hike there for days.

Bubba Suess

Bubba Suess - Jan 31, 2008 10:03 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Great Page!

It is a remarkable and singular place. Thanks for the support!

Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Return to 'Double Point' main page