Dragon's Tail Couloir

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: May 6, 2006
Activities Activities: Mountaineering, Mixed, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring

The movie requires a recent version of the Quick Time Player and is 15.5 MB in size. If the embedded file doesn't work you can try downloading it.
  
I had been dreaming of climbing this spectacular line in Rocky Mountain National Park for over a year. After reading trip reports of sucessful ascents and ski descents of Dragon's Tail Couloir this season I was raring to go. Things seemed to fall in place for my own ascent on the first weekend in May - conditions looked good and I lined up a bunch of my favorite partners. Dragon's Tail Couloir did not dissappoint - it was a spectacular climb in a spectacular setting!


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
1mvertical

1mvertical - May 10, 2006 2:23 pm - Voted 10/10

If pictures are worth a 1000 words...

Than a 5 minute video is worth 9,000,000 words. We almost climbed and filmed this route the day before(May 5) but it did not appear to have been below freezing. If you get a chance, we shot some skiing video off the north side the day before, check it out. It is one of the 4 trip reports under this mountain.

Nice work, embedded video is the way to tell a story! I would like to collaborate with you sometime. Let me know what your plans are.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1