Droga Pod Reglami

Droga Pod Reglami

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.27794°N / 19.91996°E
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Droga Pod Reglami

Droga pod Reglami near Dolina Małej ŁąkiThe path
Dolina Bystrej (near Kużnice )Dolina Bystrej
Panorama near Dolina Małej ŁąkiPanorama
Panorama near Dolina  za BramkąPanorama
Droga Pod Reglami, near Dolina  za BramkąThe path
Panorama near Dolina Małej ŁąkiThe path

Droga Pod Reglami, the well-named ("Path under the firs") is a hiking path that follows almost exactly the edge of the National Park of the Polish Western Tatras, from the westernmost end near Dolina Chochołowska, till Kuźnice in the heights of Zakopane. Since recently, this path is amputated from a little part near the Zakopane district of Bogówka, as it is within the perimeter of new ski jumping platform, "Skoczna Wielka Krokiew". The diversion uses the Czecha street.

Unlike most trails in the Polish Tatras, there is no entrance fee, as it is outside. It is also allowed ride by bike, and runners are seen more and more as well. Beware however, despite of the steady elevation from the map point of view, the path is not flat at all. Every time it goes in front of a valley entrance there is a steep descent, sometimes featured with steps and stairs. Between valleys it tends to elevate, and the difference can be more than a hundred meters from time to time.

This trail is very useful as it allows to hike from one valley to another, crossing one or more pass deeper in the mountains, and getting back to the starting point without having to hike along the main road. It provides all way long some stunning views to the Zakopane basin and the hill behind, Gubałówka.

The valleys (featured with a hiking path) crossed by Droga Pod Reglami are, in the order :
- Dolina Chochołowska
- Dolina Lejowa
- Dolina Kościeliska
- Staników Żleb
- Dolina Małej Łąki
- Dolina za Bramką (free of entrance, cul-de-sac)
- Dolina Strążycka
- Dolina ku Dziurze (free of entrance, cul-de-sac)
- Dolina Białego
- Dolina Bystrej (to Kuźnice)
As we can see, there is a bunch of little secondary valleys of the Polish Western Tatras to explore, lying in the shaddow of the famous (and crowded) ones !

Map

Droga pod Reglami near Dolina BiałegoThe path
Droga pod Reglami near Dolina BiałegoThe path
Droga pod Reglami near Dolina BiałegoThe path
Droga pod Reglami near Dolina BiałegoThe path
KuźniceKuźnice
KuźniceKuźnice

Route 2,333,367 - powered by www.bikemap.net


Table of Contents
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.