East Slope

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 38.13750°N / 119.5153°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 3
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


As noted on the main page, the easiest way to Ehrnbeck is to start at the Twin Lakes trailhead detailed in the "Getting There" section.

Route Description


Depending on desired objectives (such as multiple peaks in a day), the exact route from Peeler Lake to Ehrnbeck will vary. Cross-country travel will be mandatory starting at Kerrick Meadow or Buckeye Pass. Work over ridges and up slabs to the sandy East Slope. Head directly for the blocky knob-like summit block, climbing it from the south side.

Refer to this map for additional information.

Essential Gear


Summertime climbs will warrent sticky approach shoes to make the miles of slabs enjoyable. Fortunately, water is plentiful in this area, so carry a filter for frequent refills.

Out of season climbs will likely require ice-axe and crampons to negotiate the steeper sections covered in snow and ice.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.