Egginer Climber's Log

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
RoyD

RoyD - Aug 18, 2009 2:46 pm Date Climbed: Aug 6, 2009

SSW-ridge  Sucess!

SSW-ridge from the Egginerjoch. The ridge between the Egginer and Mittaghorn seemed of bad rock quality with sometimes huge rockfalls.

il.rocciatore

il.rocciatore - Jul 23, 2005 5:17 am

Route Climbed: SSW Ridge + Traverse Date Climbed: july 2005  Sucess!

Took the first cabin to Felskinn and arrived at the start of the SSW Ridge around 9 o'clock. I agree with the author of this page that finding the route is the biggest problem. It will probably be a bit try and error but when you reach the snow saddle, there won't be much problems anymore. I think it is important from here, to use a running belay, otherwise it will take too much time to reach the summit and to continue with a traverse to the Mittaghorn. We reached the summit at half past 2 and immediately started searching the chimney in the East Face. It is absolutely necessary to descend in the right chimney, which is marked with a sling. The traverse left back to the ridge is a bit strenuous due to loose rock. Once we reached the crest of the ridge, we climbed in a running belay straight to the Mittaghorn, passing the last gendarm to the right.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
Return to 'Egginer' main page